DIAMOND DERMABRASION PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Diamond Dermabrasion is a cosmetic technique that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation to remove the
outermost layer of dead skin cells from the skin’s surface.
Diamond Dermabrasion can provide substantial improvement in irregular skin tones, aged and sun-damaged skin.
It also helps to correct fine lines and
wrinkles, age spots, and superficial pigmentation. It provides general exfoliation, skin rejuvenation,
reduces blackheads and whiteheads, and helps alleviate post-traumatic pigmentation.
Diamond Dermabrasion uses stainless steel tips which have finely ground diamonds in the tip.
It is used with suction, as it exfoliates the debris and dead skin cells from the surface, a light suction gently sweeps it away.
Considered more hygenic than Microdermbrasion.
Risks and Side Effects:
1. A burning sensation or stinging may occur during the treatment.
2. Possible side effects include, but are not limited to: peeling, tightness, mild to extreme redness, suction
marks, wind-burn sensation, dry and flaking skin.
3. The results of this treatment may vary due to conditions such as age, condition of the skin, sun
damage, damage due to smoking, climate, etc.
4. Some patients may experience redness, irritation, dryness, post treatment acne flares, or folliculitis.
5. Blemishes and/or cold sores may result after this treatment.
6. This treatment is a cosmetic treatment and no medical claims are expressed or implied.
1. Inform your provider if you have a history of facial and/or nasal herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
2. 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid chemical peel, waxing, electrolysis, Laser treatments, or threading within 7 days before and after this treatment.
3. 5 DAY S BEFORE treatment: Do not receive injections of Botox, Collagen, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, or other injectibles.
4. 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, or other “anti-aging”, “acne”, and “bleaching” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
5. Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
Day of Treatment:
Please arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup, if possible.
You will be treated to a cleanse prior to treatment and a soothing mask immediately after the dermabrasion.
Immediately After Treatment:
1. It is normal for skin to appear red and inflamed. Light scabs may form in the treated area and remain for 24 to 48 hours.
2. Discontinue use of all topical products for 72 hours following treatment.
3. Use a gentle moisturizer as needed.
4. Cleanse skin with a mild cleanser
5. Do not use heavy makeup for the first day.
6. Avoid excessive sun exposure, including tanning booths, and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
Contraindications of Diamond Dermabrasion
Diamond Dermabrasion is not recommended for;
people with undiagnosed lesions,
active rosacea or acne, weeping acne (stages 3 to 4),,
psoriasis or lupus.
Recent laser surgery or Accutane acne treatment are also reasons for you not to microdermabrasion.
Discuss your medical history to your technician if unsure.
Cotton Blossom reserves the right to refuse treatment to any client for any of the above reasons or for those deemed unsuitable for treatment.
Name (print): _________________________
Cotton Blossom Skin Care - Amanda Cotton, Esthetician